NonInvasive Technologies, LLC
SCSR Patient instructions for Stool collection
- Keep the tubes with the orange liquid refrigerated until you are ready to collect the stool sample.
- Line a specimen collection hat with 4-5 layers of bathroom tissue.
- Position the hat under the toilet seat and defecate into the hat.
- Apply gloves and place a small stool sample into a collection tube using the applicator provided with the cap of each tube. The sample should be a heaping scoopful, no more than ˝ inch diameter (the target amount is 0.5 gram). Recap the tube tightly. Mix by gently shaking the tube until the sample is thoroughly dispersed.
- Write the date and time of collection on the sticker affixed to the collection tube.
- Discard the remaining stool and the bathroom tissue into the toilet.
- Discard the hat.
- Arrange for the samples to be delivered to the laboratory for isolation of colonocytes.
Copyright©2000-2005 NonInvasive Technologies, USA. All rights